Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Salute gluten free pasta

(11 Posts)
mspotatochip Wed 24-Feb-10 14:45:18

Salute is gone from our local Sainsburys and doesn't look like it's availabe from Sainsbergs online either.
Does anyone know where else might stock this?

Its the only one we like!

lilypants Wed 10-Mar-10 21:21:04

Nooooooooo, that is the only good make that sainbury's do. Tesco do a free from range of pasta that is good...

ABetaDad Wed 10-Mar-10 21:42:52

Sainsbury does seem to have changed their GF range over the past few months and dropped a lot of products. They now seem to have replaced them.

I notice they have now got some Doves Farm pasta in which I am going to try.

mspotatochip Fri 12-Mar-10 16:08:34

The salute stuff has lupine flour and some sort of pea mix which is quite distinct from the rest and the only one I like! Not so bad really for me as I am GF by choice but dp doesn't really have a choice.............

Our local sainsbos has had salute on reduced to clear so I bought it all should keep us going for a few months then I'm going to write to the distributor address on the pack if I haven't found it anywhere by then!

tkband3 Fri 12-Mar-10 16:14:50

If you can find the dietary specials one, it's quite good, but I wouldn't say it's as good as the Salute one. My DDs are all diagnosed with coeliac disease so we get most of our pasta on prescription - I don't know if you can ask your pharmacist to order juvela or glutafin products for you, or how much they would cost if you can order them without a prescription, but it might be worth asking...

A friend bought the Doves Farm one a few weeks ago when she was giving my DDs tea - they weren't at all keen...she said it was a bit sticky (although she did say that might have been her fault smile).

emmacuckoo Tue 15-Jun-10 19:02:45

i just got this message

Dear Salute customer,

Thank you for your patience whilst we listed your favourite gluten free pasta with our colleagues at Ocado.

“Ocado is an award-winning online supermarket delivering quality Waitrose groceries direct to your home.”

Please use this link to find your new supplier of Salute:-
http://www.ocado.com/webshop/startWebshop.do

Should you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Rochelle Jackson
PA to Traders
On behalf of

LDH (La Doria) Ltd.

mspotatochip Sat 19-Jun-10 18:20:50

woo hoo I bought all I could in sainsbos and we are about to run out!

jessamy100 Tue 24-Aug-10 22:47:50

Ocado now sells three Salute gluten free pastas - penne, fusilli & spaghetti

WittyName4 Wed 28-Jan-15 23:42:17

Grrr, no longer in Tesco or Ocado. Any tips on where I can get my pasta fix from now?

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 03-Feb-15 12:23:39

Write to the buyers at Sainsbury's. I can't remember what it was but I did manage to get something relisted this way. They have range reviews every six months and use any feedback they have when they review.

hwhite6 Tue 03-Feb-15 21:56:54

Check your local Tesco stores, both near me are selling them off '63p to clear' dated till mid-2016...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: