Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

which formula is best 4 excema ridden baby?

(9 Posts)
saf1 Tue 12-Jul-05 16:06:43

i'm planning on combining both breast and bottle in the next few months 4 my dd2. Can anyone recommend a good formula or are they all pretty much the same?
DD2 will be 6 mths in 4 wks when i'll also be weaning her, have managed to just breast feed till now.

Toothache Tue 12-Jul-05 16:08:33

I've had 2 HV's tell me that the compositions are much the same as there are strict guidelines to adhere to.

However, it's probably trial and error. My ds and dd had SMA.

Mamatoto Tue 12-Jul-05 16:11:30

I gave soya or 'nanny' goats milk formula but to be honest the eczema society said they were all the same!

FIMAC1 Tue 12-Jul-05 16:13:18

There is a sheeps milk formula in health food shops, sheeps milk is supposed to be the nearest in constitution to human breast milk (cows milk, or baby formula, is not!)

Chandra Tue 19-Jul-05 22:06:32

I have tried Cow&Gate, Farleys, Soya, and Aptamil. DS was more "compatible" (by far) with Aptamil. I did not try goats milk at the time but if I had to maake that decision again with the info I have now I would try it instead of the others as DS has developed an allergy to soya and we now know that he is intolerant to cows milk.

moondog Tue 19-Jul-05 22:16:58

Given that she is 'excema ridden' wouldn't b/milk be better for a little longer?

ladyjess Wed 20-Jul-05 08:05:22

I used Nanny when I went from breast to bottle at 6 months but my son did not like it (and to be honest it did smell revolting!). So we used Aptamil and that worked fine.

I am sure you probably already use a cream on him/her but if not do try the Elena Schalburg stuff, you can get it online and it is fantastic, really soothed my son's skin.

BarefootMama Wed 20-Jul-05 08:55:14

LJ I liked that nanny - so white and nice! Smells delicious compared to soya stuff!

tatt Thu 21-Jul-05 09:59:24

look for one with essential fatty acids in it, don't know which ones have them though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now