Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR-Help

(5 Posts)
jenk1 Mon 04-Jul-05 22:44:15

my 15months old DD is due her MMR, she has allergies to milk,egg,anything dairy,chicken,citrus fruits,tomatos and an antibiotic called trimithrerpram,(think thats how u say it). My 8 year old DS has autism,read on another thread about someone saying they went for singles, can anyone give me advice on what this is and how to go about getting it,thanks

helsi Mon 04-Jul-05 22:54:53

the singles are seperate vaccines of measle, mumps and ruebella, rather than the one MMR vaccine.

This could turn into a heated debate about whether the MMR is better or not than the singles so IMO I would discuss this with your health visitor.

jenkel Mon 04-Jul-05 23:38:17

Agree with Helsi, sounds like you need quite specific advice so would have a word with your HV. We went with singles for both dd,s no particular reason other than we felt happier them having singles than MMR. However, some of the singles still contain egg.

anchovies Mon 04-Jul-05 23:52:56

Jenk, when you see your hv, ask to be referred to see a consultant in communicable disease control. They will be able to give you up to date information specific to the mmr and allergies.

tatt Tue 05-Jul-05 06:18:44

egg allergy isn't usually a problem with the MMR, although they may do it in hospital as an extra precaution. There are lots of general threads about MMR but if you can get a referral you should get better informed advice. The one thing that seems to have general agreement, even with mumsnet's anti vaccine campaigners, is that you should put your child on probiotics before they have the MMR.

Also whatever you have check that it is mercury free. It isn't in MMR but I don't know about single vaccines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: