Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wet wraps

(5 Posts)
HOLLY5 Wed 22-Jun-05 17:18:51

my son has been in wet wraps for 2 weeks now and was doing really well until the other day when it started to get hot. HIs face is now covered in what i am presuming is eczema even though this time it looks more like heat rash. It has now spread to his arms and torso. I can't understand how this is coming up on the areas he is still wearing steriods and wraps - has anyone had the same experience?
He did start a different milk the other day but i have since reverted to his old one.

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 17:51:04

IT may be the heat, DS's skin was a disaster in hot days. If there are some changes at home that may also bring a rash (DS used to get them even for simple changes in his routine such missing a nap or staying awake a bit later when we had visits). How old is he?

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 17:53:26

P.S. Forgot to mention he never used wraps but as he didn't respond to HC was using a rather high dose until they changed it to a different corticoid. What dose are you using?

JELLYJELLY Thu 23-Jun-05 16:55:01

milk takes a very long time to get out of the human system. My sister is allergic to milk since she was a teen and i think it might be 6 months that it takes to leave the body.

Sorry cant help you on the wet wraps because we never had to do that.

HOLLY5 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:13:05

i think it may be the heat have put him back in 24hr wraps and going down slowly. He has propaderm 1:10 underneth produced by the doctoe at great ormond street - he is 20 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now