Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Operation Christmas Child

(11 Posts)
PixieOnaLeaf Fri 06-Nov-09 19:08:35

Message withdrawn

bamboostalks Fri 06-Nov-09 19:21:15

There have been some very negative newspaper articles about this organisation. I also have heard stories of the boxes going to children who are not in need. Someone posted on here last year about a nursery in Eastern Europe where they all received a box and the parents were more than comfortable and were baffled by it all.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/nov/10/religion.society

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 06-Nov-09 19:27:54

Message withdrawn

bamboostalks Fri 06-Nov-09 20:11:35

Your aggressive and rude tone is unnecessary. I was simply informing you of some information in case you did not know. You obviously do know about the controversy and are not bothered. I have no interest in pursuing this either. Obviously no one else is interested in your good deeds either.

plusonemore Fri 06-Nov-09 20:21:07

thoughtful idea

facebookaddict Fri 06-Nov-09 20:22:17

Pixie - I am interested in the good deeds. Sure it is well appreciated.

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 06-Nov-09 20:23:35

Message withdrawn

amnon Sat 07-Nov-09 05:41:37

read about them in their own words www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/Newsletter/october_09/

PixieOnaLeaf Sat 07-Nov-09 12:44:15

Message withdrawn

MollieO Sat 07-Nov-09 12:47:20

We did this last year but won't be doing so this year. We are committed Christians but take a very dim view of the evangelical nature of this 'charity'.

luckyblackcat Sat 07-Nov-09 13:07:59

I agree Mollie.

OP, Bamboo was only trying to raise your awareness regarding some quite serious issues relating to this 'charity'.

Personally, I'd rather my £10 (as you put it) goes to a child that is a) actually in need and b) doesn't have to endure an attempt to convert them in the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now