Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breastfed DD2 cries if I eat ANY fruit or veg

(6 Posts)
SuperAmoo Wed 28-Oct-09 21:21:19

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If I eat any fruit or veg (except for potatoes or apples strangely) my DD2 who is breasfed, spends the next day crying and crying and straining for the loo and all her nappies turn green and she can't sleep. She's had this since birth and I figured she'd grow out of it but she's 18 weeks now and it's no better. I'm starting to slightly panic now because I don't know how to wean her if this carries on. She is dairy, soya and egg intolerant too so... Has anyone else's baby had this problem - did they grow out of it - is it an intolerance or an immature gut???
She did have transient lactose intolerance for her first three months and I gave her lactaze enzyme drops but she grew out of that problem.

EldonAve Wed 28-Oct-09 21:45:18

How do you know she is dairy, soya and egg intolerant?

SuperAmoo Wed 28-Oct-09 22:06:01

Because my DD1 is dairy, soya and egg intolerant and so am I. I have tested my DD2 via my diet through elimination and then reintroduction twice and she shows the identical symptoms to DD1 - very severe reflux

EldonAve Thu 29-Oct-09 07:36:41

Have you seen a doc about any of this?

SuperAmoo Thu 29-Oct-09 13:02:18

No - my local doctors and health visitors were worse than useless with my first so there's no way I'd go to them for advice - they're totally clueless. So was the paediatrician at the hospital - I dispair at these people being paid so much money I really do (apart from HVs of course).

EldonAve Thu 29-Oct-09 21:27:00

So who helped you diagnose this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now