Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weaning DD2 when DD1 has allergies....

(2 Posts)
anothercoldcupoftea Wed 21-Oct-09 11:39:22

Hi there - DD1 is extremely allergic to dairy and eggs (we have an epipen for her), and has eczema and is, I think, developing asthma.

Going to start weaning DD2 (currently BF) in the next month or so and was wondering what I should do differently? I suspect she may react to dairy, as she was very colicky until I cut dairy out of my diet, and she was then a different baby from the next day onwards.

I asked the HV today, who just said to avoid dairy (and presumably eggs) until 9 months, and then try some on her skin first, which seems sensible. I want to start to introduce some formula from 6 months or so, so I imagine I should try to get some nutramigen on prescription. Does anyone know of any research/guidance that suggests that babies at higher risk of allergies should be kept dairy (or whatever) free until x months? It would be handy to be able to show it to the GP, and also be good to know myself.

Thanks smile

anothercoldcupoftea Thu 22-Oct-09 15:46:49

bump a de bump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now