Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

alternative/natural treatments for eczema

(5 Posts)
saf1 Sun 12-Jun-05 21:05:31

Can anyone recommend any natural treatments/creams for a 18 week old ? My baby has been suffering and have been to see a fab homeopath who prescribed a constitutional remedy worked for a bit but doesn't seem enough for my little one.
Can anyone recommend a cream or something? Just started to use Aveeno bath oil as well helps a bit but still scratches her head like mad especially when hot/upset.
Any ideas would be great.

keresley Sun 12-Jun-05 21:55:09

Try SOS cream from barefoot botanicals. A 100% natural herbal product with no chemicals. It is £15 for a 100ml tub and we go through 1 a week but it really helps our ds who has severe excema.They also do shampoo and conditioner, bath oil and body wash, again expensive but worth it.

saf1 Mon 13-Jun-05 15:40:28

Thanks so much I'll see if I can find the website ;)

Chandra Mon 13-Jun-05 15:46:48

We started using Aveeno with great results during the winter but now that it's warmer it doesn't seem enough. So we are back to good old Eucerin 10% urea (emollient), not too natural but it works.

About homeopath, she/he may need to update the dose and remedy.

NatureDoc Wed 15-Jun-05 19:32:28

If you can't get SOS cream there is gentle spray by Salcura that you can get on the internet - rubbing evening primrose oil into her tummy (which gets absorbed into her system) can really help too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: