Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy free for 18 mths and NOW we get excema

(5 Posts)
LteMadrid Sun 18-Oct-09 07:21:05

Am looking for suggestions here:

DS2 was diagnosed milk protein allergic at 13 mths, June 08. We have therefore now been on special formula since and dairy free diet.

His retesting in April 09 showed his allergy had increased four fold as opposed to the usual staying the same or starting to go away. So we know that he's now gone hyper-sensitive but we've had very few problems the past few months.

10 days ago he got bronchilitis and now this past week he has started with excema behind his knees. I have the steroid creams in the house and diprobase from when his face and tummy had skin problems from the milk but they are not making any difference.

So the questions:
What is going on here?!!! There is no evidence either through testing or our observations of his reactions that there is a new allergy.

Could it be the being sick that is causing it? ie immune system down, the use of ventolin?

I am in Spain so anyone who can recommend things to try at home that I can 'translate' while I sort out drs would be muchly appreciated as he is trying to scratch and hot happy.

Sorry this is so long and appreciate any input.

belgo Sun 18-Oct-09 07:27:18

I'd say this flare up is probably caused by his immune system overreacting to his recent illness.

girlsyearapart Sun 18-Oct-09 07:30:06

yes dd2's excema flares up if she's poorly/overtired.

LteMadrid Sun 18-Oct-09 15:03:09

Thanks for that belgo and girlsyearapart. I shall keep an eye on it but not fuss too much...

whelk Sun 18-Oct-09 19:52:26

My dd1's eczema is always much worse when she is ill and then returns to normal when she recovers. Im hoping this is the case for your ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now