Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

eczema - anyone tried DermaSilk ?

(5 Posts)
jollydiane Mon 12-Oct-09 23:00:45

Has anyone else tried DemaSilk? I don't think you can get it on the NHS, and seems to be fairly new to the market.

http://www.dermasilk.co.uk/products.htm

girlsyearapart Tue 13-Oct-09 08:23:07

Have heard that it's very good but I googled when dd2s excema was at its worst and it was way too expensive.

performancegirl Wed 14-Oct-09 20:38:19

My GP prescribed the pjyamas for my 4 year old son last Friday. He has worn them for 3 nights so far. I don't know how quickly they are supposed to make a difference but i have actually put him in his normal pyjamas tonight because his skin seems much more sensitive than normal and he is complaining of pain when his legs were being dried after his bath which he never normally does.

I have no way of knowing if this is anything to do with the dermasilk but am going to keep them off for a few days & then try again.
I was really excited to get them, his eczema is chronic and never really goes away, we have tried every emollient & steroid available & are bnack & forth to the hospital so i was hoping for a miracle cure.
Back to wet wrapping tonight though!

jollydiane Wed 14-Oct-09 22:22:28

Thanks for your reply - if you don't mind could you let me know how you get on.

I do hope it helps him. I found that Aveeno has helped as well as Doublebase. Wishing you well.

JD

performancegirl Thu 15-Oct-09 20:10:04

sure, will update you. we are having a few nights off as he was complaining his skin was sore so am going to try again after the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now