Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is there something in the air atm causing my eyes to itch?

(12 Posts)
brimfull Sun 11-Oct-09 20:06:10

eyes watery and itchy

not a good look

scaryclaireyboo Sun 11-Oct-09 20:26:46

Don't know but mine have been a bit burny lately too

wicked Sun 11-Oct-09 20:30:28

Loads of things could make your eyes itch.

Do you any anti-histamine in the house?

brimfull Sun 11-Oct-09 20:35:29

I've taken an anti-histamine.Thanks

Pollen calender says nothing around atm ,must be summat else in house as you say.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 11-Oct-09 20:36:48

I was wondering this. I'm not a hayfever/allergy sufferer, but the last two days I've been constantly crying - making the skin on the outside of my eyes really sore.

I changed my contact lenses today, thinking perhaps they were the problem, but it hasn't helped.

brimfull Sun 11-Oct-09 20:38:00

hmmm strange

wicked Sun 11-Oct-09 20:43:08

I developed hayfever in my 40s, or at least something that makes my eyes itch and goes away with anti-histamines.

It is inconsistent and I cannot find a pattern of when I react, even day to day. I had one day last week when I had itchy/gravelly eyes, but not on the days either side of it.

BlueBumedFly Sun 11-Oct-09 21:39:53

It's ragweed season I think? Mainly a north American thing but we have some here. Have a google?

BlueBumedFly Sun 11-Oct-09 21:42:12

Yup just checked, aug to sept with the peak in mid-September.

pushmepullyou Sun 11-Oct-09 21:43:36

Mould? Mine are terrible but i don't have double glazing so they always get bad this time of year before the heating really kicks in.

brimfull Sun 11-Oct-09 21:53:55

coould be mould or ragweed,don't know if their is any round here

tinytalker Sun 11-Oct-09 23:39:24

My dd tested positive for mould spores and was told that damp autumn is when it can be at it's worst. And sure enough she is having to take a daily antihistamine for itchy eyes, frequent sneezing and stuffy nose. Her allergic shiners are really bad too, like she's gone a couple of rounds with Amir Khan!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now