Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Persil non-biopowder nightmare

(11 Posts)
bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:12:24

I've read other accounts on MN about persil. Thought I'd add my experiences. I got a free sample of persil non bio in a bounty box. Usually I use Tescos non-bio. Anyway I used the Persil to wash all the bed linen plus a couple of machine loads of clothes. Dh and ds were covered from head to toe in bad bad eczema within a day, I have to assume persil is to blame. Use with caution!

Orinoco Thu 09-Jun-05 21:30:20

Message withdrawn

lunachic Thu 09-Jun-05 21:48:33

i can use persil nb but not fairy or ecover
comfort fast dry gave me and ds eczema

rickman Thu 09-Jun-05 21:51:13

Message withdrawn

lunachic Thu 09-Jun-05 21:53:59

i use surcare too its ok

lunachic Thu 09-Jun-05 22:02:47

what homeopathic rem did you use ? i used sulphur and it worked like a miracle to stop ds itching and break that cycle

bunny2 if your interested look here -use the remedy finder to enter your /dh/ds symptoms and it will come up with a suitable homeopathic remedy

works 100 % better than creams if you get the right remedy !

bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 22:30:03

thanks for that link lunachic, it is interesting.

Surcare also made ds break out in eczema. I took him to A&E as a head to toe rash appeared so suddenly. After a thorough examination and finding nothing wrong, the nurse asked if I had changed washing powder and I had - to Surcare! She advised me to change back to wahever I was using before as the rash went away.

I shall def stick to what works for us!

As for fabric conditioners I have always avoidedthem as dh reacts badly to them. So in our house everything gets tumbledried to retain softness, costs a bloody fortune in electricity!

bluebear Thu 09-Jun-05 22:30:47

I can only use Persil on my 2 - ecover and fairy def. give them excema.

rickman Thu 09-Jun-05 22:37:19

Message withdrawn

tatt Fri 10-Jun-05 05:47:16

obviously you're not going to use it again but we have persil non-bio without problems ( apart from not getting things very clean ) Since you also had problems with surcare its probably not just cross contamination with bio powder.

We've lways avoided fabric confitioners - anyone use one without problems as I might try it now?

MaryBS Fri 10-Jun-05 07:29:52

We were OK with Aerial colour until they changed the formula to Quick wash. My 3yo came out in a rash all over his back. Now we stick with Aerial nonbio. My husband is allergic to Persil.

We all get on with Comfort Pure conditioner, thats about the only one that doesn't cause my husband a problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now