Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick Q - can my dairy allergic ds have heinz beans?

(10 Posts)
barbareebaa Mon 05-Oct-09 09:45:52

Just wondered if it's ok!
Thanks smile

SoupDragon Mon 05-Oct-09 09:46:54

Ingredients

Beans (51%), Tomatoes (33%), Water, Sugar, Salt, Modified Cornflour, Spirit Vinegar, Spice Extracts, Herb Extract

SoupDragon Mon 05-Oct-09 09:47:23

Allergy Advice

Free From Artificial Colours, Free From Artificial Flavours, Free From Artificial Preservatives, Suitable for Vegetarians

No mention of milk/dairy

misdee Mon 05-Oct-09 09:51:11

yes.

dd4 loves baked beans. grin and is dairy allergic

not had any urgent email from allergy uk to warn off comtamination for heinx beans.

barbareebaa Mon 05-Oct-09 10:07:40

Ooh thanks!!!
Have wondered this for a while - have looked on label but just being extra cautious I guess!
Yay! At last a 'fast food'!!
grin

misdee Mon 05-Oct-09 10:09:41

beans and toast is soph's regular lunchtime food. she loves picking them up one by one. they are soooo messy though

barbareebaa Mon 05-Oct-09 10:15:04

I was going to ask how she ate them!
Will gets toast with veg pate EVERY lunch time - great that he can now have something different! Thanks for the heads up on the mess - will expect orange hair grin

misdee Mon 05-Oct-09 10:38:47

orange hair, orange hands, orange feet, orange floor...

anothercoldcupoftea Mon 05-Oct-09 13:40:24

Its a staple of DD1's diet! Goes in everything (cottage pie, lamb casserole, salmon and potato (hmm)...) as she loves them. Don't know what we'd do without them.

Also recently discovered HP scooby doo pasta shapes, which she loves with sausages or fish fingers (fantastic - some meals we don't have to cook ourselves from scratch!).

barbareebaa Tue 06-Oct-09 21:43:50

beans extremely well received! thanks v. much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now