Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy skin complain fro my son 7

(3 Posts)
organiser Mon 28-Sep-09 11:54:04

My son is complaining that he is itchy all over after washing his hands with soap. I have checked his body and I can't see dry skin, he has been like this for a few days. He said he has stopped washing his hands at school.

Seeline Mon 28-Sep-09 12:33:46

It could be an allergy. You don't have to have had the product all over your body for all your skin to react to it. Any signs of any sort of rash at all - not necessarilly dry skin - bumps, raised skin, blotches, flushes, spots etc could all indicate an allergic reaction.

McAli Thu 01-Oct-09 22:18:03

It could be a combination of chemicals that is causing his skin to itch. Chemicals mixing from toiletries he uses at home then soaps he uses at school. I would check the labels of your skin care toiletries and make sure they don't contain Sodium Lauryl / Laureth Sulfate (SLS). Sulphates are a skin irritant and I avoid them with my baby.

Hope it clears up soon.
Ali

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now