Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergy Testing in London - recommendations?

(10 Posts)
Ewe Tue 22-Sep-09 11:34:29

I suffer from near constant sickness and diarrhoea and also frequent headaches. I have been told time and time again that it is just IBS but I am sure that there must be something that I am allergic or intolerant to.

I had an allergy test when I was about 13 and it didn't come up with any major allergic reactions which is why they have said that it is not a reaction to anything. I think it's possible that a bodies tolerance can change and I am hoping to go and get privately tested just to rule things out.

Can anyone recommend a consultant in London who they have had a good experience with?

Ewe Tue 22-Sep-09 11:38:15

I also suffer from eczema and hayfever.

babybarrister Tue 22-Sep-09 13:12:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tinytalker Tue 22-Sep-09 14:36:38

Professor Jonathan Brostoff

Ewe Tue 22-Sep-09 14:46:13

Thank you! Will check them out now.

rcf Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:55

Try getting tested by an Asyra Pro Practitioner. There are a few in London

madrehayunasola Thu 15-Oct-09 21:10:20

Hi Ewe, Dr Lack (at the Portland) is brilliant. He treats our DS 3 years old allergic to some nuts.
Good luck!

madrehayunasola Thu 15-Oct-09 21:11:16

Sorry, Prof. Lack! He is brilliant, and also has a lovely manner.

Crazycatlady Thu 15-Oct-09 21:12:10

Yes Dr Lack is brilliant. He treats our DD at St Thomas's (NHS). Don't know if he does NHS work for adults though, may only be private?

madrehayunasola Thu 15-Oct-09 22:02:27

Yes, not sure about adults as he is an allergist pediatrician...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: