Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do I find out what I have an alergy too? I seem to have hay fever symptoms all

(2 Posts)
couture1 Fri 11-Sep-09 21:10:33

year round, I find the hayfever remedies ease it a bit but I am constantly sniffing and sneezing and its getting on my nerves and my families. What can I do?

RubberDuck Fri 11-Sep-09 21:17:53

Go to your GP. My "hayfever" season was February through to November and while not terrible symptoms was enough that it was making me miserable.

My lovely GP referred me to the allergy department of the local hospital for testing. Turns out it wasn't hayfever at all but chronic rhinitis caused by a dust mite allergy. I'm now on a cocktail of various anti-allergy drugs and feel absolutely normal, it's wonderful. I didn't think I was that bad until a couple of weeks after starting treatment, my ears popped (obviously my sinuses and ear canals were gunked up with the allergy and had suddenly cleared). Also, I have had no sinus infections since - which is near miraculous in my book!

I have a follow up appointment soon, and I'm going to be begging to keep on this treatment!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: