Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible bay reacting to pure organic baby rice??????

(4 Posts)
jkb Sun 06-Sep-09 19:46:57

Hello

i hope someone out there can help.
My DD is 23 weeks & I started to wean yesterday. I used my breast milk with the pure baby rice.. she loved it.. however a couple of hours after she had v bad hiccups & sounded all refluxie (like phlem in the throat)& was very whingy & clingy ...
I gave her rice again today & again she had hiccups & was soooo clingy.. wanted to be held all day & whinged (thats is NOT like her)...

[her history is that she is milk allergic & EBF- I am on a complete milk free diet & she is an extreemly happy baby! However, she will react if I eat prawns (or any fish) & chicken in a similar way to the way she was when i was taking in milk( just not so severe)..she goes from a smiley, happy baby who never cries.. to a grisley clingy, muscusy sounding baby (silent reflux)with lots of hiccups ]

Now is it actually possible she could be reacting to pure baby rice?????
It could just be that shes teething?? but it really does look like similar symptoms to the milk allergy???

please help... dont know what to do...

fidelma Sun 06-Sep-09 23:44:24

I never used baby rice as I felt that it was just like glue. I went straight on to pured carrots, pear and apple.Good luck.

MummieGee Tue 08-Sep-09 23:50:45

Hi JKB,

My DS reacts to all types of rice and he is now 11 months. I tried at the beginning to give it to him but he hated it, then when I mixed it in with other stuff, he would get a rash, so I avoid all types of rice now.

You don't have to start weaning on baby rice - there are other gluten-free grains such as millet, or I saw a thing on a baby weaning website www.wholesomebabyfood.com/avocadobabyfoodrecipes.html which said avocados were good first food. DS loves them. As fidelma said, you could always go straight onto pureed fruit and veg.

Hope that helps.
MG x

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 09-Sep-09 14:46:10

I would stop giving solids for a few weeks. Not advised until 26 weeks anyway, and it clearly isn't agreeing with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now