Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

eczema - should i change formula

(4 Posts)
Welshygirl Tue 01-Sep-09 14:49:07

Hi all

my son is 5 months and developed eczema when he was 5/6 weeks old and it seems to be getting worse especially around his chin where he is dribbling. I had eczema as a child but didn't develop till age of 3. Do you think it may be worth changing his formula - did you find this made a difference if you have an allergic family or is it just one of those things?

Welshygirl Wed 02-Sep-09 14:13:35

Hi again. I have been to see the doctor and she gave me some C & G Pepti to try. Has anyone had any experience with this? and if so how long did it take for you to notice a change??

Thanks

MummieGee Wed 02-Sep-09 16:38:23

Hi Welshygirl,
DS has soya and milk intolerance but didn't really get eczema from it, and he wasn't on formula - it came through in my breast milk. When I tried him on Pepti recently he got bad eczema which went a few days after he stopped.

If Pepti doesn't work for you there are several other formulas which may - Neocate and Nutrimigen. Did the GP refer you to the paedatrician or to a dietician? If the Pepti doesn't work, then maybe ask for that.

Sorry can't be of more help, but I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who has more experience with formula and eczema.

MG x

Welshygirl Wed 02-Sep-09 21:18:08

Thanks mummiegee just hope it does but know there is no magic answer for eczema after having it myself for so long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now