Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD (8 months) with eczema & reactions to milk

(2 Posts)
gingerblonde Mon 31-Aug-09 14:00:49

Since she's been little (about 5 weeks) my DD has had eczema. It's worst in the creases of her arms & legs & neck but she scratches her chest a lot as well. She was exclusively breast-fed until 6 months. I gave her yoghurt at about 6 1/2 months and she reacted round her month so I took her off it until now (8 1/2 months). Just tried again and she's had the same reaction so I guess it's not something she's going to grow out of quickly.

I've been to see our GP a couple of times. We've had Fucidin which helps and I'm putting on Diprobase at every nappy change which also helps a bit but she's still pretty scratchy. He advised taking her off milk for a while and just upping the amount of BFs she has. I'm going back to work in a couple of months so I won't be able to BF her except in the morning / evening (not been able to express very well).

Am dithering about whether to just cut out dairy for a while, keep BFing as much as possible and try her again on dairy in a few months or whether I should be pushing for a referral to a dietician and/ or dermatologist? Help! Anyone been through anything similar?

Pitchounette Mon 31-Aug-09 14:23:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now