Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

nutramigen aa & nutramigen 2 ingredients?

(6 Posts)
MummieGee Wed 26-Aug-09 12:45:54

Hey there,

Have just tried DS on neocate AA and he had a reaction to it - rash on face, neck, back and arm. Had the same with Pepti.

The dietician was astounded and suggested I try again. Tried twice more and same thing.

Anyways, she says to try Nutramigen AA or Nutramigen 2 but I've seen on the US site that one of them contains soya, which he's intolerant to. Does anyone know what's in either or both of them? And could you let me know?

Thanks
MG x

girlsyearapart Wed 26-Aug-09 20:26:03

hi dd2 is cows milk protein allergic and has nutamigen aa just looking at ingredients and it does list soya in brackets as part of the vegetable oils. So it says Glucose syrup, vegetable oils (palm olein,soya,coconut,high oleic sunflower) then goes on to list a trillion other ingredients which I can type if you really want.
It says 'nutramigen aa is a hypoallergenic formula specially designed as an elemental diet intended for infants and young children with severe cows milk protein allergy or multiple food intolerance. The formula contains a mixture of amino acids and as such is hypoallergenic'

Dd also reacted to wysoy, infasoy, pepti and regular nutramigen.
HTH cos it took me ages to type!

MummieGee Thu 27-Aug-09 18:03:29

Thanks so much, that's as I suspected. Is your DD okay with neocate?

Thanks again for help with the list.

MG x

girlsyearapart Thu 27-Aug-09 20:09:33

Never tried Neocate. She went from (brief) bf to Aptamil to Infasoy to WySoy to Pepti to Nutramigen then finally Nutramigen AA.
Poor child! Never made a fuss though.
Dd1 tasted dd2s bottle yesterday and promptly burst into tears it really is vile! At least dd2 likes it though.

AcademicMum Mon 31-Aug-09 23:08:02

DS2 was on Pepti Junior for a while before he started getting a reaction (rash, vomitting after every feed), we'd already tried Nutramigen 1 (ezcema) and Neocate LCP (vomitting), we also tried Nutramigen AA (point blank refused to drink). We then tried him on Neocate Advance at 13 months (by which time I was desparate to stop bf, which I was having to continue with due to lack of a suitable milk substitute) and he was fine on this. He has now switched to Neocate Active (also for over 1's) but only because this has a higher calcium content. How old is your ds? Oddly ds2 refused to drink the yummy flavoured versions and is on the unflavoured (yukky) stuff smile!

MummieGee Tue 01-Sep-09 01:56:15

The shame of it is that he quite liked Neocate. Pepti gave him a terrible rash. So Nutramigen 2 is the last resort as the other one has soya oil.

I'd like to cut down on bf as he bites - usually to show his displeasure at something but he won't take my milk from a bottle or sippy cup. He will take it from a dodi cup with breakfast. Am hoping Nutramigen 2 will be the magic formula.

Thanks the replies,
MG x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now