Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lunch boxes

(14 Posts)
athomeagain Mon 24-Aug-09 14:27:04

Has anybody got a 'allergy lunch box' which are the best and go in the diswasher?

tinytalker Wed 26-Aug-09 12:52:50

Sorry I haven't seen allergy lunchboxes but if you are struggling I have some large allergy stickers which are dishwasher safe.

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 26-Aug-09 13:08:04

What is an 'allergy lunchbox'?

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 13:08:49

Where did you get the stickers ? We are not struggling as such but they seem quite expensive so we are trying to gauge if they are worth it.

gorionine Wed 26-Aug-09 13:12:28

Is that of any interest for you? Not lunchboxes but tags and stickers I think.

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 13:13:14

lunch boxes with space to personalise with your child's name and specific allergy details.

But they cost £10.from

http://www.kidsaware.co.uk/index.php

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 13:15:42

Thank you gorionine for this i haven't seen this site before.

tinytalker Wed 26-Aug-09 13:25:28

Stickers from:
alwaysreadthelabel.info

noodlesoup Wed 26-Aug-09 13:28:24

these labels are good.

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 26-Aug-09 14:10:13

Three years too late for usgrin. Luckily don't need these now that ds is starting at a school where he can have school lunches.

I found no problem at his last school as the children were banned from swapping food and he was in a small class who all ate together and knew about his allergy.

I could see the boxes or stickers could be useful in a larger school dinning room though.

Could you make your own labels by printing off a picture of what your dcs are allergic to with a short messge and then laminate it or stick it on to the luchbox with stickyback plastic (I sound like someone from Blue Peter now, lol).

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 15:58:00

THat is a good idea DesperateHousewifeToo

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 15:58:02

THat is a good idea DesperateHousewifeToo

athomeagain Wed 26-Aug-09 16:14:19

but then it wouldn't go in dishwasher hmm

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 26-Aug-09 16:22:03

Stickyback plastic should be ok to be handwashed in washing up bowl for a while.

Then just replace the sticky plastic.

Ds' lunch bags only needed a wipe out everyday and an occasional dunk in the washing up bowl after frube incidents grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now