Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bizarre things we'll do for our special diet dc...

(4 Posts)
motherducky Thu 20-Aug-09 08:46:09

I recently found myself very openly flirting with a chef just so dd (coeliac) could have ice cream blush with dh standing right next to me (the chef assumed he was just in the queue and looked quite strangely at us when we all sat down together). Dh praised me for having sorted it out so smoothly! This whole incident was completely out of character for both of us. Got me thinking of the times I have written very formal letters or started crying just to get her reasonable food (all very out of character).

Got me wondering if anyone else does some quite bizarre or extreme things to help thier child get food... (please don't let it be just me!)

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 20-Aug-09 08:49:31

Going to cheif executive at the hospital. Its a Children's hospital but they will not supply a medically prescibed diet (dd is on the ketogenic)
They still wont do it. wankers.
I don't even bother with cafes and eating out. It would be impossible!

motherducky Thu 20-Aug-09 11:49:36

wow, that would have terrified me! What is the ketogenic?

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 20-Aug-09 13:47:15

ketogenic is a high fat carb free diet for epilepsy. Hence the not eating out as all food must be weighed, she's only allowed a certain number of calories per day and the fat: protein ration must be exact for every meal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now