Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema weaning foods

(5 Posts)
Worrier28 Wed 19-Aug-09 14:26:21

Hi all

Was wondering if you could give me a few eczema friendly foods to try my 5 month old on after baby rice and also stuff to avoid.

Thanks

suiledonn Wed 19-Aug-09 14:32:15

Hi worrier, my dd1 has eczema. I avoided egg until she was over a year (she reacted anyway and is still on a an egg-free diet at 3)
I started with pear,carrot,parsnip,sweet potatoes, apple introduced one at a time to check for a reaction.

Worrier28 Wed 19-Aug-09 17:03:22

Wow, I didn't know egg was a trigger, thanks I'll give those a go.

suiledonn Wed 19-Aug-09 18:07:28

both my dds loved parsnip, carrot and sweet potato when weaning. I think veg. are usually ok although I know celery can be a problem.

girlsyearapart Thu 20-Aug-09 19:45:18

The gp should be able to give you a sort of pyramid diagram of which foods are more likely to cause reactions.
My excemay allergicy dd2 is fine with broccoli,courgette, potato, sweet potato, pear. Not banana or tomato amongst others though.
If you try each food on its own for about 3-4 days you should get an idea of what you can 'safely' give.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now