Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help plz 18month old........wheat???

(5 Posts)
Chatterbox1405 Fri 14-Aug-09 12:45:53

My son is 18month old - he only weighs 21 lb!

I am worried because
- he has constant diahorrea - this gets worse if he eats weetabix (wheat allergy?)they are like water but very acidic as it makes his bum very sore very quickly
- he gets eczema on his face and chest - again gets worse with weetabix
- he is underweight and also small in general he is still in 9-12mnth clothe
- very small appetite
- irritable

i think thats it for now, iv got HV comin on th 29th and until then im writin a diary of his diet but id still like to know what your thoughts are on the matter from experience?

p.s my daughter had a lactose intolerance hence why i think my ds might have an allergy too......

Mamulik Fri 14-Aug-09 14:08:18

my DD1 had eczema and she was allergic to red apples, oranges and milk. try and give him toast for breakfast and see what happens?

Chatterbox1405 Fri 14-Aug-09 17:38:04

well obviously he no longer eats weetabix - its not the eczema that bothers me its the constant diahorrea and low weight

sadjack Fri 14-Aug-09 20:13:10

Having read your post, I am not happy with the diarrhea, the weight loss and the eczma? My first idea would be to remove wheat from the diet for one week to see any changes but most important get him to his GP or hospital.There are symptoms of several causes and needs a professional to diagnose it. But my thoughts are possible Coeliac Disease, a condition made worse by consuming wheat products as well as barley/rye and some times oats. Tests need to be done and soon as diarrhea leads to dehydration so give plenty of fluids.
Good luck and see your GP or hospital ASAP.

Chatterbox1405 Sun 16-Aug-09 14:33:44

thanks, my hv didnt seem as concerned as me but i might take him to doc this week for second opinion xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now