Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Petition to Number10

(6 Posts)
sadjack Thu 13-Aug-09 13:26:55

I have been asked to put details of a petition on here, the petition is to have all gluten/wheat ingredients put on allergen labels for the benefit of those that have problems with hidden gluten/wheat derivatives etc. I am a diagnosed Coeliac/borderline wheat allergy person also father and grandfather. Please view the petition any support would be appreciated. I am open to discussion. petition is found at,
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/allergenlabels.
Thank you.

tatt Thu 13-Aug-09 23:36:14

thought this was already a legal requirement?

sadjack Fri 14-Aug-09 14:08:42

There is a legal requirement but certain ingredients are exempted from this law as it is stated that coeliacs/wheat allergy sufferers have no ill effects from consumption of these ingredients. Unfortunately the information is not correct.I started GF diet in June 2007 (found that I could have biscuits on prescription)which led to A+E, I discovered wheat starch as an ingredient, the same has applied to the exempted ingredients including whisky & vodka. The petition now has 150 signatures in three weeks, as it is known that these ingredients do cause ill health to individuals. I was first diagnosed in 1955 biopsied in 1962 gut improved enough to have 45 years of normal (sometimes over the top)living. The petition is self explanatory and so is the commission directive that made it law.

tatt Sat 15-Aug-09 08:23:22

Link to petition for you petitions.number10.gov.uk/allergenlabels

sadjack Wed 02-Sep-09 11:55:26

There must be other parents or adults that have issues with wheat and gluten and would like to see it on food/medicine & beverages rather than finding it out. If so please sign the petition which must be verified by you.
Thank you

Dontpanic Wed 02-Sep-09 16:02:36

signed for you, definitely agree all products should be labelled, I'm intolerant rather than allergic to several things & it's really irritating to have to give up alcohol because you wheeze and cough within minutes of sipping something otherwise tasty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now