Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do other people find holidays more 'dangerous'?

(2 Posts)
Weta Mon 10-Aug-09 09:19:41

We just had a week away in a gite in the Pyrenees and DS1 ended up drinking a bit of milk by accident and having a fairly serious reaction. I had emptied DS2's cow's milk into a glass so I could use his plastic cup for a trip out, and DH assumed it was DS1's Neocate as that's all we normally put in a glass. He was furious with me, but I do think these accidents happen so much more easily on holiday as you don't have the normal equipment (eg we normally use a jug, and have designated glasses for DS1).

Thank God DS1 spilt the rest of the glass after drinking a couple of mouthfuls... it's the first time we've actually got as far as reading the instructions for the Epipen and trying to decide whether this was the time to use it.

I guess next time we need to make sure we designate particular glasses for DS1...

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Aug-09 16:31:57

Gosh how scary for you.

Glad he is okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now