Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What am I allergic to?

(6 Posts)
ScarletBear Sun 09-Aug-09 13:37:28

I have a severe allergy to grass pollen, so I know what an allergy feels like (I know it's not a cold in other words!).
Last night, I spent the night outdoors at a friend's house, and I got a nettle rash type thing on my legs from sitting on the grass. Although it itched like crazy, it went down pretty quickly.
I also got a runny nose, and couldn't stop sneezing. I took a fexofenadine when I got home, and this seemed to sort it, but it's back this morning, and my eyes have also started streaming. What could I be allergic to (I don't normally have any allergies at this time of year!). . .?

girlsyearapart Sun 09-Aug-09 18:54:11

Something they used to treat the grass?

tinytalker Sun 09-Aug-09 22:11:17

Red ants? Cats/foxes?

ilovepiccolina Sun 09-Aug-09 22:17:20

I have a red rash appear on my legs whenever I sit on grass, and so does my DD! I have always just accepted that we are 'allergic to grass' and make sure we sit on something, or put up with the rash. Doesn't sound as bad as yours. So I'll watch this with interest - don't think it's cats/foxes but can't think what it could be except some sort of pollen.

tatt Mon 10-Aug-09 08:03:49

after all the rain lately mould spores? Or high levels of grass pollen on the grass rather than in the air. Or weed pollen, that's high now, according to the BBC www.bbc.co.uk/devon/weather/pollen_count.shtml

Grass pollen is normally still around this time of year - sure it's not birch pollen you had before and grass pollen you've acquired?

Bilbomum Mon 10-Aug-09 11:25:31

What a bizarre coincidence, dh & I both have hayfever (grass pollen) which is only usually a problem in June/early July time. However we both started sneezing yesterday and still have symptoms this morning. Neither of us have ever had it at this time of year. Something must be in the air....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now