Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breakfast ideas for DS 7mths who is on a milk and lactose free diet

(7 Posts)
mppaw Fri 31-Jul-09 11:30:14

Am looking for breakfast ideas for DS who is on a milk and lactose free diet. He is on Nutrimigen AA so am not keen on ideas that use his milk as it is rank.

thx

somewhathorrified Fri 31-Jul-09 11:51:11

There are lactose free milks (incl soya)in the supermarkets, cluster types cereals can be eaten without milk too, or you could go with toast options.

Stigaloid Fri 31-Jul-09 11:55:56

My son loves rice milk - you can make scrambled eggs with this. Use toast and Pure spread. Have mashed bananas and porridge made with rice milk. Make pancakes with rice milk - the list is endless.

Crazycatlady Sat 01-Aug-09 14:13:06

You can get millet porridge for babies which tastes lovely just made up with water and mixed with some fruit puree. My 7 month old (milk protein allergic) DD has this for breakfast most days.

Otherwise, mm, what about:

- soy yogurt (it looks grey and I think it's quite vile, but it might be worth a go, I haven't tried DD with it yet but she has soy formula in her cooking as I got fed up with expressing constantly, and seems to like it)
- you could soak some weetabix in a little water to soften then mash with some banana

How is he with finger food? Perhaps:

- avocado on toast soldiers, or banana
- a selection of fruit, e.g. little sticks of pear, pieces of banana
- rice cakes topped with hummus

misdee Sat 01-Aug-09 14:29:41

dd4 is milk free. she is 8months old

in the mornings she has toast, fruit or porriage made with hot water and a mashed banana.

she also likes throwing dry cheerios about, with the odd couple actually getting eaten hmm

daisybooo Sat 01-Aug-09 14:58:40

DS (19 mths) is dairy-free too. He has Organix First banana porridge mixed with his milk (he's on C&G Pepti) and mashed banana. Sometimes he has a bowl of dry cereal (DD who eats dairy has always preferred dry cereal for some reason so I'm used to it) maybe granola or cheerios and raisins. We use Pure spread on his toast but he loves jam, peanut butter and honey. You're right about the milk though, we were warned that most LOs hate it but DS is a greedy little thing good eater and not fussy about his food. HTH x

trixymalixy Sat 01-Aug-09 15:03:41

DS has cereal with oat milk or bagels or toast with pure spread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now