Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has he got an intolerance

(2 Posts)
kyally Thu 30-Jul-09 13:00:08

My son is just over 5 months and from birth he has been quite a sicky baby. He was 6lb 1oz when born and now weighs 16lb. So gained weight quite rapidly even though he keeps bringing up milk. His milk when brought up is quite curdled and smells sour and quite watery. He is always constantly straining and continually pushing himself back arching back to be precise. So no matter whether i keep him up right for 1/2 an hour to an hour he still brings this milk up he can get quite irritable and moany sometimes screams up to 1/2 an hour or so.He used to be such a contented little baby and still is when he is not suffering. We seen the GP when he was 3 1/2 months and they gave me gaviscon for infant reflux. But i keep on thinking there is more to it as he is still bringing up the milk and is getting increasingly worse. He is formula fed on Cow and Gate. Also he has developed a bit of baby eczema mainly on his stomach. I know my husband was intolerant to cow's milk and my dad. Could it be possible he is intolerant to something in the milk. has anybody had these problems or could advise me what to do further. This is my first child. I want to start hem on solids soon but have been putting it off just incase he has got an intolerance.

trixymalixy Thu 30-Jul-09 13:57:55

It does sounds like he has an intolerance or an allergy, particularly with the family history.

i would go back to your Gp and insist on being referred for testing. There are hypoallergenic formulas that you could try. Nutramigen, neocate, pepti junior are some of the brands, but it can be difficult to get some GPs to prescribe them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now