Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Soya/fruit free breakfast ideas please?

(10 Posts)
SuperAmoo Thu 30-Jul-09 08:53:25

All I can think of is plain rice crackers - urg! I would like to find something that I can eat longterm so I'd like it to taste ok. Does anyone have any ideas?

silverfrog Thu 30-Jul-09 08:57:48

rice porridge? (surprisingly palatable)

gluten free pancake mixes are available in most supermarkets - to be used with milk/egg replacer of your choice.

your best bet would be to invest in a decent free from recipe book (the allergy induced Autism one is good, and has combos for just about all you needs) and get cooking! I made some cinnamon rolls for the dds last week that were really nice, and i think met your requirements (had sultanas in, but they are easily left out of replaced with choc drops) and were quite easy to do.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Thu 30-Jul-09 09:01:26

Assuming you've found a gf bread you like, toast with jam and lashings of peanut butter keeps me going 'til lunchtime.
Also gf muesli with rice milk and extra nuts.
You can make a nice muesli with shortgrain brown rice, raisins, and nuts, add whatever dried fuit you like (or frozen summer fruits are nice), and rice milk.

simpson Thu 30-Jul-09 19:41:30

What about oat cakes?

alypaly Thu 30-Jul-09 19:46:56

SuperAmoo
Hav docs said you are intolerant to all these.
If so you can get a bread called Lifestyle which is GF/WF and is the nicest tasting bread goin,also you can get spaghetti ,biscuits ,pizza bases and all cake ingredients on prescription

SuperAmoo Fri 31-Jul-09 21:40:15

Wow thanks for all your suggestions - will look into all those things. Alypaly - it's not me, it's my daughter who I'm breastfeeding who is intolerant to all this stuff. I am just intolerant to dairy and gluten. Not a big fan of egg though!

TDiddy Fri 31-Jul-09 22:26:05

-Gluten free oat porridge
-Rice Krispies

-use automatic (Panasonic) bread-maker to make wheat free bread, cakes and pizza dough. Ours is a few years old so there might be a newer version. Please see link below:

bread-maker

-I use a recipee book that was written specially for automatic breadmakers:
Gluten-free Bread and Cakes from Your Breadmaker by Carolyn Humphries

-very very ripe plantains slowly shallow fried until yellow. Best when plantains are over-ripe and softish turn black. Still okay if plantains are a bit greener then they have a different texture but still very nice.

See link below:
recipees for breadmaker

tatt Fri 31-Jul-09 22:27:12

how have these intolerances shown up/ who has diagnosed them? Have you considered digestive enzymes as an alternative to GF/DF?

Buckwheat doesn't contain gluten and buckwheat pancakes can be made with egg replacer. Or you could have bacon butties with gluten free bread and non-dairy spread.

tatt Fri 31-Jul-09 22:28:08

another idea - bacon, hash browns and baked beans (think Heinz are GF/DF).

TDiddy Fri 31-Jul-09 23:05:29

Rice Dream (+ Calcium) is very good with cereals and for making porridge in micrwave on on hob. Much blander taste than over powering soya milk. We all use rice milk over here now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now