Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

allergic to carpet

(8 Posts)
misdee Sat 21-May-05 22:18:49

well the school carpet anyway. dd1 eczema has broken out all over her legs. she says she feels very itchy at school wehen they sit on the carpet. what can i do?

pixiefish Sat 21-May-05 22:27:03

it could be the glue that they use to fix the carpet in place.

I'd have a chat with her teacher and ask that she doesn't sit on the carpet- maybe you could give her a little square quilt type thing that she can sit on instead so that she doesn't have to sit on a chair and be different

misdee Sat 21-May-05 22:50:33

i have a cushion, d u think they will allow her to sit on that? dont want her to stand out too much.

pixiefish Sat 21-May-05 22:53:16

have a word with the teacher. There's no way they can refuse. If she keeps the cushion by the teachers desk or something. Or if you had a little seat pad she could use

misdee Sat 21-May-05 22:54:29

thanks. didnt think they'd be all this to face at school. havent had carpets at home for years, so the effect on her legs now she is wearing summer dresses is very noticable.

sparklymieow Sun 22-May-05 00:54:33

DS and DD1 don't sit on the carpet at school because of their Cerebral Palsy, they sit on a special chair, the other kids just accept it.

tatt Sun 22-May-05 05:40:34

at my kids school there were some cushions anyway. They had lots of "carpet time". If she doesn't have trouble with other carpets it could be something they have used to clean this one. In most schools any carpet they have is ancient - maybe the PTA would buy them a new one?

almostanangel Sun 22-May-05 06:29:54

SHAKE AND VAC!! if they use this [is it still available?] or something like it its terrrible
my dd2 when she was crawling i used it ..omg the rash was awful!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now