Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

evening primrose oil and eczema??? also oat baths!

(5 Posts)
mamatilly Mon 20-Jul-09 14:11:01

just wondering if anyone knows the benefits of eve primrose oil for eczema sufferers? and is it to be taken in food or applied directly onto skin?

also, i tried putting "porridge oats in a sock" in baby's bath last night - water seemed really soft and certainly baby's face was calmer today after a flareup yesterday.... i just can't BARE the thought of elidel after reading of possible cancer link...

porridge baths anyone???

x

midnightexpress Mon 20-Jul-09 14:12:52

Can't you buy bath stuff made with oats - I thnk it's called Aveeno. Hang on... here - supposed ot be good for skin problems I think.

vonsudenfed Mon 20-Jul-09 14:17:18

second aveeno - oat based, but you don't end up with the soggy smelly sock afterwards... We get the cream and the bath oil on prescription for DD - this took some persistence but was worth it!

mamatilly Mon 20-Jul-09 14:21:58

mmm i am wondering what to do with said sock, it is sitting on sink at the mo and DH keeps looking at me with raised eyebrows...

sugarpop Mon 20-Jul-09 14:31:31

Aveeno all the way from the Gp as is really rather pricey! Bath oil and cream as already posted tis a miracle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now