Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS (7mths) just been put on nutrigema AA hoping this will help his eczema.........

(4 Posts)
mppaw Sun 19-Jul-09 21:18:51

How soon would I see an improvement if this formula is going to help ? has been on it for 1 week...am I being impatient ?

girlsyearapart Tue 21-Jul-09 06:40:36

Hi dd2 is now 10mo and has been on nutramigen aa since she was about 7mo. The dietitian said about 2 weeks to notice a difference- if cows milk protein was the problem..
We did notice a huge difference but realised many other foods are also triggers. She has no dairy, soya, egg, wheat, banana, tomato, plum, melon..
As your ds is over 6 months you may have started weaning so go right back to basics baby rice, one puree at a time so you can identify other triggers.
Are you booked in for any allergy tests?
Be warned though the formula and diet on their own are unlikely to completely get rid of the excema. I skipped out of the dietitian's office hoping that would be the end of it. Her skin has majorly majorly cleared up, some days not even noticeable compared to broken red raw skin pre diet changes but she still itches and other factors like pollen, animals, wshing powder etc can be triggers.
Good luck. MN was my absolute saviour so many people on here with fab advice. HTH smile

EachPeachPearMum Tue 21-Jul-09 07:14:50

Oh girls... what a nightmare! What on earth do you feed her?
Am facing this with ds currently... he is bf, so I have cut out dairy and soya, and it is helping, but I have no stored milk to make food with.
Do you use formula in coking? or other stuff such as oatly?

girlsyearapart Tue 21-Jul-09 07:44:25

Umm yeah nightmare is correct!
diet is normally 3 bottles a day. cereal- either oatibix rice krispies or rice krispies shapes. Lunch/ dinner potato/sweet potato mashed with Pure, broccoli, ham. Wheat free pasta. She can have 2 of the organix baby foods but both have chicken and carrot in which she reacts to but not too major and sometimes needs must..
Muller fruit juice jelly, apple and pear puree many many trillions of plain or apple rice cakes.. Not a very long list but she used to look a right state so it's worth it.

Have used formula to mash potatoes but mainly just Pure and a bit of the water from cooking.Haven't tried Oatly yet..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now