Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

allergic reaction or virus?

(4 Posts)
ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 13-Jul-09 21:59:26

DS (16 months) has a known dairy intolerance. On Neocate and dairy free diet.

This evening was violently ill about an hour after dinner. Had same thing as sister, who wasn't ill. Didn't have anything he hadn't had before. Went to bed with a bottle of Neocate Advance.

Am wondering perhaps reaction to something he ate as within about an hour. But then may be a virus? He was quite sick, but then was fine, and happy again. No temperature and was drinking water.

How does one distinguish?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 14-Jul-09 11:03:42

Sounds more likely to be a virus - if everyone else is fine and he's had the food before and not reacted it could just be a bug - or he's eaten a bug - that's another strong possibility with kids that age wink

DS quite often barfs and then is fine afterwards and we just put it down to him having a cold or something, coughing and it turning into a megahurl hmm

I'd take a note of what he ate though in case it happens again with the same foods.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 14-Jul-09 14:32:58

Megahurl smile Yup, that's the one. How do kids do it? A cough that turns into a barf hmm hmm

whomovedmychocolate Tue 14-Jul-09 17:56:48

It's quite spectacular isn't it? On one level you have to admire the simple skill of managing to cover a larger area than your own body - whenever I'm sick it's only enough to cover my lap rather than my entire body and that of a sibling and a parent hmm

DD did it at my in laws in the middle of dinner. It was hilarious - they are not used to small children these days and turned quite green! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now