Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If your DC1 had eczema and intolerances, what have your subsequent dc been like?

(12 Posts)
puffylovett Wed 01-Jul-09 16:45:02

no 2 is on the way in 11 weeks or thereabouts, and the one thing I'm worrying about is wether it's going to have eczema like DS1 sad

Has anyone had a DC1 with and subsequent DC's without ? OR do all your DC have similar problems ?

twopeople Wed 01-Jul-09 19:47:28

Message withdrawn

puffylovett Wed 01-Jul-09 21:35:13

Here's hoping, twopeople smile
sad for all your issues though.

Bumping for any other thoughts ?

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 01-Jul-09 21:41:19

ds1 refux, lactose intolerant, and gets/got (think he's growing out of it) horrible skin reactions from eating tomatoes

ds2 none of the above

When I was growing up I was fine. Brother had very bad eczema. I did get it in adult life though.

puffylovett Wed 01-Jul-09 21:49:01

Thats encouraging, thanks maybe.

I know I'm probably worrying unneccesarily. And lets face it, I know exactly what to do should DC2 have eczema. I'm just impatient to know what the likelihood is !

pocketmonster Wed 01-Jul-09 22:05:21

DD1 eczema, dairy and wheat intolerance, hay fever.

DD2 - can eat anything and can tolerate anything on her skin so totally different. Although interestingly I was covered in eczema whilst pregnant with her.

pointydog Wed 01-Jul-09 22:08:36

dd1 - no problems at all

dd2 - very atopic child, eczema, asthma, hay fever, rhinitis, glue ear, the works

girlsyearapart Thu 02-Jul-09 09:25:41

dd1 nothing peachy soft skin no allergies
dd2 severe excema allergic to a lovely big variety of foods...
Luck of the draw but it's scaring me about trying for the third! good luck x

LadyBuzz Thu 02-Jul-09 09:39:54

DS1 terrible exzema from birth, hay fever, chest problems, probable asthma

DS2 no problems at all, lovely soft baby skin.

Hope you get lucky this time round!

VelvetCushions Thu 02-Jul-09 11:06:20

Ds1 has no allergies that I am aware of.
Ds2 has multiple food allergies and exzema when he was a baby.
I saw a homeopath for ds2 and she advised me to delay all vaccinations by at least 6 months to a year for any subsequent children.
I don't know if thats something you'd consider to minimise the chances, but I definitely would.

puffylovett Thu 02-Jul-09 17:28:16

Thanks Velvet <whispers> DS1 currently unvacced, and eczema successfully treated homeopathically wink

abroadandmisunderstood Thu 02-Jul-09 17:33:33

DS1 had such distressing ezcema which he grew out of once about 2yo. Allergic to strawberries, and eggs as a major ingredient.

DS2 no skin problems at all and can eat egg but is also allergic to strawberries.

I can totally understand your worries. Been there and it turned out ok second time round.

Best wishes for the birth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now