Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Orange juice and eczema

(7 Posts)
alittleteapot Tue 30-Jun-09 15:22:34

Me and my two year old have been making delicious ice lollies out of squeezed oranges. She loves them but I'm pretty sure they've been making her eczema flare up. So I made some strawberry ones but they're just not the same! I wondered if anyone knew if other citrus fruits (clementines, tangerines, satsumas) had the same eczema aggravating properties as oranges. Is so sad to have to stop something she loves so much (both the making and the eating!)

Thanks

IpeeFreely Tue 30-Jun-09 15:23:55

Strawberries and tomatoes aggravate the effects of orange ime

HTH

alittleteapot Tue 30-Jun-09 17:47:13

Thanks IpeeFreely.

Anyone know if there's a difference in properties between orange and other citrus fruits? Quick google seems to suggest oranges rather than e.g. tangerines are problematic...

tatt Tue 30-Jun-09 19:08:32

its blackcurrant season you could try blackcurrant lollies.

alittleteapot Wed 01-Jul-09 14:44:21

Thanks tatt, we'll give it a go.

Anyone else any info on citrus fruits???

puffylovett Wed 01-Jul-09 15:05:00

Just that they're all acidic. I still can't give my 2.6 yr old satsumas etc, he just reacts too badly. Strawberries and tomatoes too.

We get away with blueberries and raspberries etc for some reason though. How about making some delicious smoothie lollies with milk and mixed fruit ? (well, we use rice milk but you know what I mean smile

alittleteapot Wed 01-Jul-09 15:09:15

Interesting. She seems fine with raspberries and strawberries, and blueberries too. It's just been the oranges that have had such a strong reaction. Good ideas though, will try that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now