Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

100% cotton school uniforms

(13 Posts)
redclover79 Wed 24-Jun-09 16:52:14

I probably shouldn't be worrying about this for a few weeks yet but I've had a nose on the M&S website and they don't seem to have any boys 100% cotton trousers this year. Asda don't appear to have any either. Are there any other places I should have a look? I don't want to spend a fortune, think I spent about £7 per pair of trousers last year at M&S...
Thanks!

pocketmonster Wed 24-Jun-09 22:32:43

try eparenting.co.uk - that lists loads of uniform stockists and some of them are cotton.

madlentileater Wed 24-Jun-09 22:38:48

there's a company called cotton comfort, clothes esp for people with eczema, including school uniforms.
they aren't v cheap but good quality.

overthemill Wed 24-Jun-09 22:42:20

john lewis do boy's ones i think

chegirl Wed 24-Jun-09 23:15:55

The supermarkets seem to have a very short uniform season. The stock tends to appear in August and disappear by mid september.

You may have more luck in a few weeks. I have to buy 100% cotton for DS too. I was very pleased to find that sainsbury's £2.50 sweatshirts were 100%. Maybe get some trousers from cotton comforts or similar so you definately have some for the new term. Then have a mad dash with all the other parents when Asda, Sainsburys, Tescos bring out their cheap stuff smile.

sitdownpleasegeorge Thu 25-Jun-09 18:43:44

I prefer 100% cotton but the boys trousers I bought for ds are a bugger to iron.

Are any brands softer cotton ?

gigglewitch Thu 25-Jun-09 18:51:14

I've just got 100% cotton jumpers and cardis for my lot, but like you, no joy on trousers.
this has cotton comforts and a heap of others, I bookmarked it the other day wink

MadameDefarge Thu 25-Jun-09 19:06:46

I got ds cotton trousers from John lewis, on line.

redclover79 Fri 26-Jun-09 23:09:12

thanks for everyone's responses. Found some here on sale smile

whiskersonkittens Fri 26-Jun-09 23:14:22

They look great for ds - anyone found any cotton grey trousers for girls?

Also, anyone know what the sizes are like? Mine seem to have to have trousers at least a year bigger

bran Fri 26-Jun-09 23:22:25

Thanks redclover, that site looks great. I don't know why it's so hard to find.

DS's school uniform is being changed for next year, they are making a final decision this term. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't decide to have logos or crests on everything as that makes it so much harder to get all cotton.

gigglewitch Sat 27-Jun-09 00:37:44

I got dd's shirts from there, they are lovely quality smile

FionaJT Mon 20-Jul-09 19:59:34

whiskersonkittens, if you're still looking for grey girls trousers, John Lewis and BHS both have them online. The JL ones were a terrible fit on my dd who is tall and skinny (too short in the leg but huge round the waist)so I had to send them back. Am keeping my fingers crossed for BHS ones when they arrive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now