Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

hayfever woes

(11 Posts)
misdee Sat 13-Jun-09 20:03:37

oh goodness.

today i've had the worst hayfever ever. my eyues were streaming, itching and stinging. sneezibng like crazy, and nose was so runny.

i swear it gets worse.

what anti-histimine for a breastfeeding mum?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 13-Jun-09 20:05:20

Try some elderflower cordial, a glass with cordial and water first thing in the morning. Works really well (not 100% but close) and drug free. Wear sun glasses when you go out aswell.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 20:08:23

can you take the nasal spray and eyedrops. as they are applied topically the amount of it reaching the bump is miniscule.

either that or go swimming to get a pollen free half hour.

poor you.

misdee Sat 13-Jun-09 20:10:06

bump??

shockgrin

nope, she def not still in there lol

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 20:15:24

shit sorry bump/boob all the same really!

honestly do the nasal spray.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 20:16:13

i wasn't really thinking but i did have a passing thought of 'oh jesus is she up the duff again! that was some heart they gave peter"

misdee Sat 13-Jun-09 20:18:16

pmsl!

no way!

will try the spray.

and big sunglasses

Midge25 Sat 13-Jun-09 20:27:46

I read recently that if you put a smear of vaseline or similar on your top lip, it 'catches' the pollen and stops it irritating your nose. I don't get hayfever myself, but my sis does quite badly so am always on the lookout for suggestions for her.

hoochymama Sat 13-Jun-09 20:33:10

doc told me nasal spray was fine (flixonase), is working for me at the mo (also bf), sympathies though, hayfever is horrible

Bainmarie Sat 13-Jun-09 20:37:07

There are some eyedrops that you can get prescribed that are ok while bfing-think they are called soduim cromate? The vaseline thing seems to help a bit too.

Have also heard eating local honey can help (am not convinced by this but like honey anyway so it's no hardship!) Is the pollen count espec high today,have been suffering too.

galen Sat 13-Jun-09 21:41:22

I have been so bad toady too.How old is your LO? Last year (the third summer I had been BF for...first with DD, then with DS) I went to Gp and he prescribed an antihistamine that he said would be fine (certrizine I think it was) I tried not to take it unless I really needed it, but some days HF was so bad I couldnt function. There were no ill effects for DS or my milk supply. Maybe speak to your gp say what they say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now