Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Banana allergy??

(3 Posts)
Nemoandthefishes Mon 08-Jun-09 16:08:02

how do I get dd2 tested for her allergies? I think she is allergic to banana as first time she ate more than a tiny bit she came out in scalding rash/hives. waited and try again few weeks later and again rash then today nursery have given her some despite me telling them she may be allergic and again she has scratched herself raw.

TheShipsCat Mon 08-Jun-09 16:17:23

You need to go to the GP and insist on a referral to an allergy clinic. GPs are notoriously bad at referring young children for testing though.
Good luck!

AcademicMum Tue 09-Jun-09 22:38:10

If you think she's allergic to banana, you may want to also get her tested for latex allergy which can be related due to similar proteins in both. Chestnut, avocado and kiwi are also related to this. (DS1 is allergic to kiwi and chestnut and has always had a thing against banana - though so far as I know not actually allergic).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now