Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

rice milk

(5 Posts)
msqueezy Sun 07-Jun-09 21:43:17

Can someone help, has any one heard of the health warnings about rice milk? My little boy has been on it for the last six months and after reading the info I am really worried.

trixymalixy Sun 07-Jun-09 21:49:51

Yes, we have moved my DS from rice milk onto Oatly with calcium after seeing that report.

i had heard about concerns about levels of arsenic in rice milk before, but thought that it had been proved to be safe enough.

It's a pain as oatly with calcium is so much harder to get than rice milk.

msqueezy Sun 07-Jun-09 22:03:47

Thanks for that will try and find it from somewhere. Just really concerned as he drank loads of rice milk and I keep reading about the link between high levels of arsenic and cancer. Totally freaked after reading too much on internet! Hopefuuly just being an over anxious mummy!

trixymalixy Mon 08-Jun-09 00:16:25

Me too as DS used to drink tons of the stuff.

As far as i can gather the levels aren't that much higher than found in most drinking water, so we shouldn't worry ourselves too much, they are just being very cautious.

It's the oatly in the white and red carton that has calcium in it, not the white and orange btw.

I get it in tescos, have also seen it in Booths and my local healthfood store which is a bit handier has said they will order it in for me , plus the oatly cream substitute which is very good.

msqueezy Tue 09-Jun-09 14:24:37

Has anyone tried making almond milk? If so what recipe do you recommend and how much do you give a 16 month old?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now