Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Permanently snotty 15mo - allergy? dairy intolerance? smething else

(4 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Sun 07-Jun-09 15:11:27

My 15mo is always snotty, and the amount of snot that comes out of him is truly incredible. At its worst first thing, but carries on all through the day. I have to use muslin cloths (and a ridiculous number thereof each day) to wipe him - there's too much snot for tissues.

I'm starting to wonder if he's allergic to something. I've been giving him Piriton for a few days, but it as made no difference.

He is allergic to penicillin and gets lots of rashes on his back (that don't bother him but look odd). GP, rather unhelpfully, says of the rashes he is just one of those babies who is allergic to things.

His older brother is dairy intolerant (but seems to be growing out of it) but never had the snot problem.

ohdearwhatamess Sun 07-Jun-09 15:12:15

apologies for typos - ds1 climbing over me hmm

AcademicMum Sun 07-Jun-09 16:55:25

Sounds like allergic rhinitis. Similar to hayfever in terms of symptoms but triggered by indoor allergens (dust mites and that type of thing). You can get nasal sprays if its a big problem. Could be worth another trip to the doctor.

TarkaLiotta Mon 22-Jun-09 20:06:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now