Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Baby Hayfever?

(4 Posts)
fuzzfoster Fri 05-Jun-09 09:40:26

My 7 month old son only just recovered last week from his latest cold yet for the last couple of days has been sneezing constantly and his nose and eyes have been streaming. Surely this can't be another cold already?? I get hayfever, so is it possible he has it, even at his age?? If so, can it be treated?

blondissimo Fri 05-Jun-09 11:43:58

I am wondering this too as my 10 month old ds has had a runny nose and red eyes and I suffer with hay fever, asthma eczema etc, as does his dad.
Actually feel quite guilty for deciding to procreate with someone as "allergic" as me!

blondissimo Fri 05-Jun-09 11:48:44

Sorry fuzzfoster, totally unrelated to your post, and please don't think I am stalking, but just had a look at your profile and noticed one of your favourite films is The Notebook, and that your son is called Noah. Was he named after Noah in the film? I'm only asking as I was going to call my ds Noah for that reason, but changed my mind at the last minute! It's one of my favourite films ever!

foxinsocks Fri 05-Jun-09 11:51:17

lol blondissimo

when I saw the allergy guy and I was asking about why the kids get allergies/hayfever, he did say 'look, you get severe hayfever, your husband has asthma and eczema and hayfever, what did you expect?!' and I did feel a bit dim about the whole thing wink

think it is possible. Remember someone saying it's quite unusual for them to get it as babies but mine definitely did too.

having said that ds doesn't get hayfever and has a sneezy cold atm, so who knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now