Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can oatmilk be left out of the fridge once open??

(6 Posts)
IlanaK Sun 31-May-09 20:51:31

My son (10 months) has oatmilk on his cereal. We are going away for a weekend to a hotel with no fridge and the breakfast in teh resteraunt will only have cow's milk. I was going to take those small containers of rice milk to use (as they don't seem to make small ones of oatmilk) but I have just read the DoH statement on arsenic in rice milk www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Children/Maternity/Maternalandinfantnutrition/DH_099852 and don't want to use it now. So if I take a 1 litre container of oatmilk, open it at breakfast one morning, will it be ok for the next morning?

themoon66 Sun 31-May-09 20:53:23

No... it needs to be in a fridge.

However, I recently stayed in a hotel I noticed one lady with a box of oatmilk on her table at breakfast time. She asked the waiter to put it in the fridge with a note on that it was hers. It reappeared each morning.

misdee Sun 31-May-09 20:53:32

could you decant it chilled into a thermos?

misdee Sun 31-May-09 20:53:34

could you decant it chilled into a thermos?

thisisyesterday Sun 31-May-09 20:54:15

no it needs to be chilled

IlanaK Sun 31-May-09 20:55:39

Ah - ok. Excellent idea about asking if it can go in the fridge. I can explain that he has to have it and since he is a baby, they may be more understanding? Its a travel lodge.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now