Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can 15 week old get hayfever?

(4 Posts)
kittypink Fri 22-May-09 20:18:39

Hia everyone, i have a 15 week old baby and im sure she has hayfever, but i have been told by a friend that she is too young, has anyone else had experience of this?

She rubs her eyes and they sometimes run, she often wakes up by rubbing so much they get swollen. She is often congested, especially at night and she rubs at her nose and is quite sneezy too.

I use olbas oil and an air purifier, can anyone recommend anything else?

thisisyesterday Fri 22-May-09 20:22:06

well they do say that babies under a year can't get it. it's to do with how their immune system develops.
but ds1 definitely had it, as did I when I was a baby.

that said, babies do rub their eyes a lot sometimes.
tbh i don't think there is anything much you can do about it anyway because there aren't any anti-histamines you can give.
you used to be able to use medised but that's only for over 2's now I think (although my bottle says from 3 months)

kittypink Fri 22-May-09 20:39:47

Thanks, i am so sure thats what it is, I felt really silly when I was told it couldnt be the case.

idobelieveinfairies Mon 22-Jun-09 19:32:09

When i used to walk my 6 mth old baby (he is now 4) through the park he used to get a red blotchy rash all over his body and red eyes...only happened when we went to a highly fowery/treey park...i used to think it was something to do with the pollen.

It happened the summer after, but never has since. Two of my other boys started with hayfever badly when they were 10/11 so it is in the family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now