Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Snotty babes

(1 Post)
dazedandconfused Mon 25-Apr-05 14:37:11

DS (nearly 2) had excema from around 6 months, but this has cleared up since he stopped having any milk. He still has some cheese and a bit of butter. However, he has always had a very runny nose, and I'm constantly wiping it. Plus, his poos recently have been very sticky. I BFed him until 1 year old, by the way.

Now DD (3 months and BFed) is often very bunged up-in fact it wakes her very early every morning until I can help her clear out the snot by massagin g her nose and keeping her upright for a bit. It's a real pain-for her and for us, as sleep is so precious and this really seems to be bothering her.

I have 2 questions:

-Is it likely that DS' snottiness is caused by the small amounts of butter and cheese he has?
-Could DD be having a reaction to my intake of dairy (not much-milk in tea, butter on toast...)

Sorry about all the gory details, but I thought mums wouldn't mind!

Any advice much appreciated...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now