Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DRY SKIN AFTER EXCEMA!

(6 Posts)
MollyMooMin Thu 21-Apr-05 19:35:53

My DD recently had one of herbad breakouts of excema and we applied her hydrocortisone cream for a week or so until the rash has almost gone, but her skin is now so dry that it's still itching her. i'm bathing her in plain water but with porridge oats wrapped in muslin in her running water (which feels so luxurious I want to try it!), followed by oilatum juniour cream. Is there anything else I can do?

misdee Thu 21-Apr-05 19:49:02

try a different emoillant applied several times during the day. sounds liek its still eczema and not dry skin.

hunkermunker Thu 21-Apr-05 19:58:42

Aveeno!!! It's fab! Get it in Boots from the pharmacist. It's a colloidal oatmeal cream and it's luvverly. I use it on myself

bunny2 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:46:45

Get Aveeno on prescrption - dont pay for it!

sacha3taylor Thu 21-Apr-05 20:49:26

I use a really strong moisturiser called Double Bass which is also available on perscription. I suffer with eczema and find it really good as a preventitive as well as a soother.

MollyMooMin Fri 22-Apr-05 08:44:10

Thanks! I've also heard of using olive oil in the bath. Does this work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now