Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

raised red patch on ds's scalp - any ideas

(4 Posts)
sleepymama Wed 13-Apr-05 16:58:31

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a tiny red raised spot beggining to appear on my then 13week old ds. He's now 18 weeks tommorrow and the spot has grown in size and looks like a teardrop sized raised red bump. Its quite dry and has no pus. In the last couple of days ds is putting his hans to the side of his scalp and moving his hed from side to side as though it is itching him. I'm not sure what it could be. He doesn't appear to have this anywhere else but I'm a bit concerned about how the bump has grown rather than just dissappeared.
Anyone have any ideas?

sacha3taylor Wed 13-Apr-05 17:09:13

DD had what looked like a bruise on her eyebrow when she was about 6 weeks. Have you been to the docters?

sacha3taylor Wed 13-Apr-05 17:10:38

It grew into a group of blood vessels and kept growing untill she had steroid injections in it.

sleepymama Wed 13-Apr-05 18:05:15

No Have not been as yet as sometimes its hardly noticable and during the day does not seem to bother ds at all. Its at night the it seems to itch him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now