Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SUDACREM?

(5 Posts)
MollyMooMin Tue 12-Apr-05 14:30:33

Has anyone noticed that on a jar of sudacrem it says it is suitable for eczema... has anyone tried it, as the nappy area is the ONLY place my DD is ever clear of eczema!

FastasleepTheInsomniac Tue 12-Apr-05 14:33:44

Well I haven't tried it on DS's excema, DH has tried it though and it seems to dry his skin out rather than anything else, which is why it keeps the nappy area so lovely and smooth.... give it a go it can't do any harm...MTS will tell you about my sudocrem obsession in a minute no doubt lol

FastasleepTheInsomniac Tue 12-Apr-05 14:33:55

Can't spell today!

spod Tue 12-Apr-05 14:36:07

i have used it for patched of dry skin on dd... works a treat... get a different pot for use on non nappy areas though to avoid cross contamination!

joasia Fri 15-Apr-05 23:52:07

from your message I gather your child has a quite bad eczema. I have 2 children that suffered with it one already grew out of it(she is 6) the other is getting better(10 months)Creams of any kind are considered irritants and should not be applied to skin with eczema. Ointments are better. try avoiding contact with water as much as you can bear it. I didnt bathe my 10 month old at all for weeks at a time especially when he had a flare. For the first time in his life he started to have baby-like skin on his legs and it is improving all the time. I did the same as with my dd.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: