Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP!! BAD OUTBREAK!

(10 Posts)
MollyMooMin Tue 12-Apr-05 10:54:24

My DD suffers from eczema but we can normally keep it at bay by bathing in oilatum & using oilatum cream & hydrocortisone. Last night she kept us up all night thrashing herself about her cot in agony. When we checked her, she was absolutely covered in eczema. Today, she can't sleep, play & I even iritate it by changing her nappy. I'm so upset I feel so helpless, she's only 14 weeks old. Can anyone please suggest anything?

bambi06 Tue 12-Apr-05 10:57:04

porridge oats wrapped in muslin hanging over tap while you run it works wonders in calming and soothing skin plus its a great moisturiser..if you squeeze out the `milk` from the oats and rub it into her skin you`ll see how soft it is..hope it helps but i use it on my two when they`re particularly dry

swiperfox Tue 12-Apr-05 11:02:24

Poor little soul. Do you know whats causing the eczema? Is it washing powder or something?

MollyMooMin Tue 12-Apr-05 11:14:39

Swiperfox, we use surcare wash powder & used absolutely nothing different. She's not on solids yet so can't be her diet.. I'm just hating seeing her suffer. I know that in a couple of days it will calm down abit, but it's in the meantime. Thanks bambi06, I will try that later.

Podmog Tue 12-Apr-05 11:42:05

Message withdrawn

sandycheeks Tue 12-Apr-05 12:49:42

Is she teething at all?!! I thought we finally had ds's eczema under controll, but he's just started to cut new teeth and he's red raw all over again aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

MollyMooMin Tue 12-Apr-05 17:42:33

Right! Been to get the porridge oats to try later. Does anyone know if olive oil works in the bath too? It's pure with nothing added so I don't know whether to try that aswell?

bunny2 Tue 12-Apr-05 20:11:48

Olive oil is a good moisturiser, I put it on dd after her bath but I find Doublebase is better if her skin feels dry. Ds has had a flare up of eczema recently - it happens every Spring and I think it is a reaction to pollen. Does anyone in your family have hayfever or a pollen allergy?

bunny2 Tue 12-Apr-05 20:12:21

btw, oats on the bath works well on dd (19 weeks)

MollyMooMin Wed 13-Apr-05 09:36:04

Yeah, I had eczema as a child, but grew out of it, and my husband has hayfever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now