Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sensitive skin

(8 Posts)
Kate32 Thu 31-Mar-05 19:48:24

My 5mth old dd suffers from really red, dry, chapped cheeks which flares up every so often, and I think we may have finally discovered the cause!! I made the mistake of wiping her carrot covered face with a pampers sensitive wipe earlier, and about an hour later her poor little cheeks flared up again !!!
Just wondering if anyone knows of any wipes that are for extra sensitive skin???

desperatehousewife Thu 31-Mar-05 19:49:08

Don't pampers do a sensitive skin version - white packet, green writing I think. Not perfumed.

Kate32 Thu 31-Mar-05 19:51:09

Yes, but these are the ones that caused the trouble, havent risked trying 'normal' wipes!

misdee Thu 31-Mar-05 19:51:19

use a flannel for her face, and washable wipes/cotton wool for her bum.

melon1 Thu 31-Mar-05 20:08:15

I use Simple Wipes, dd has eczema and they don't irritate her skin.x

Polina Thu 31-Mar-05 20:26:43

We just use water on a soft flannel*, bit messier but it seems to work. Mind you this is chiefly for my benefit as sensitive wipes bring me out in eczema - ds seems fine!

* for his face! cotton wool balls for butt.

wavingordrowning Thu 31-Mar-05 20:51:07

Have had some sucess on DS's bum using cut up cotton cloths soaked in cold camomile tea and evening primrose oil...make a mug of camomile tea and add a few drops of epo. When cold, tip into a plastic pot with a lid and add cloths (eg cut up Jeye cloths or DH's old work shirts) to soak. Use as and when required. Make fresh camomile mixture regularly or it will get stagnant and rancid. Cloths go in washing machine. No chemicals and cheaper than buying wipes so may be worth a try...

tatt Sat 02-Apr-05 08:06:09

in larger boots stores you can get a cylindrical blue container of baby wipes. Although not described as for sensitive skins they were the only ones we could use. Used to be able to get individual ones in sachets too but haven't seen those recently. Mostly we used cotton wool - bought a long roll and made it into balls -and water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now